To our patients and friends,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Your safety has always been a top priority for our practice and our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care, it will be both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations from the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We regularly update our procedures to make sure that we are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. Right now, we are retooling and reorganizing our office to incorporate the latest safety measures necessitated by the current pandemic.
You will notice changes at your next visit as we strive to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. For example:
- All staff will be screened daily to make sure that they are healthy and virus free.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked some questions again when you arrive.
- Please have a mask on when you arrive. We will have hand sanitizer for you as you enter the office. You will put on a pair of new gloves and your temperature will be checked.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee, water and fruit since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- New HEPA air purifiers, sterilizing HOCL foggers, UVC sterilizers and high efficiency vacuum systems will be some of the new equipment additions in the office,
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and you may be asked to wait in your car until your room is ready.
- Social distancing between patients and administrative staff will be adhered to in the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 650-342-9016 or visit our website at www.wowsmile.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Wong and Staff
San Mateo Center for Cosmetic Dentistry