3 Steps to a New Smile at our Cosmetic Dental Office
Welcome to 2021! Have you started the new year with a bucket of resolutions? If self-care made that list, the best cosmetic dentist in San Mateo is here to help you ring in the new year with healthier teeth and a brighter smile.
Michael Wong, DDS, is a cosmetic and restorative dentist who specializes in helping patients achieve the smile they’ve always wanted. If you’ve been on the fence about taking the next step, here are a few things you can expect when you visit our office for a smile transformation.
Do you want your teeth to be whiter or more aligned? Do you have a gap you’d like to correct or chips and cracks you’d like repaired?
Cosmetic dentists have many tools available to help their patients achieve maximum function and appearance, and to ensure the most appropriate level of care, we want to understand your oral health. We’ll examine your teeth, gums, and bite — and ask specific questions about the outcome you’re hoping to achieve.
Plan of Care
Once our dental care team completes an evaluation and understands how you’d like your teeth to look, we’ll work with you to develop a plan of care. Based on our findings, we may recommend one of the following procedures:
- Teeth whitening is a quick and safe way to brighten your smile. More effective than over-the-counter products, one tool we use is a whitening system called Zoom — a patented blue light and hydrogen peroxide gel that bleaches away stains.
- Porcelain veneers are thin shells of durable ceramic that are bonded to the front of each tooth to cover chips, cracks, and discoloration. Veneers also close gaps.
- Dental crowns, also known as caps, conceal cracked, chipped, and discolored teeth. Made of porcelain, crowns are made to fit perfectly over existing teeth with a natural look.
- Invisalign clear braces straighten teeth comfortably and nearly invisibly because they are clear plastic and non-irritating.
- Implants replace teeth lost to injury or disease, restoring self-confidence and pride in your smile.
We understand that many are nervous when visiting the dentist, and that’s why patient comfort is a top priority. We’ll put you at ease with movies, headphones, a warm neck pillow and warm towels during your appointment. Dr. Wong also offers sedation dentistry to help lessen anxiety and fear.
If you’re ready to take the first step toward a new smile in 2021, we’re here. For more information about our services, financial considerations, dental insurance, and more, contact us online or call (650) 342-9016.
Have a healthy and safe 2021!