The truth is that most people would like their teeth to be straighter, whiter, and of a more pleasing shape. In fact, a large percentage feels that their smiles are unattractive. The impact is clear. They will rarely smile and will cover their mouths with their hands whenever they laugh. Self-esteem is the clear loser. This lack of self-esteem has a negative impact on both personal and professional relationships.
Yet, your smile makes all the difference in the world! It is the focus of your face, second only to your eyes. It is a personal signature, as unique as the individual wearing it. Cosmetic dentistry is the science and knowledge of cosmetic dental services aimed at creating beautiful smiles, which in turn, creates confidence.
The good news is that today, virtually every dental blemish, from severe periodontal disease to a single unsightly tooth, can be fixed easily and painlessly with cosmetic dentistry. Here are some of the more common cosmetic dental procedures:
- Teeth Whitening can brighten your smile up to 14 shades. It’s a simple, painless procedure that will have you smiling your brightest.
- Invisalign clear, removable braces straighten your teeth without the negative impact of traditional, metal braces.
- Dental Veneers are the Ultimate Smile Enhancement Tool. They will strengthen and beautify your teeth. For the perfect smile, porcelain veneers are very often the answer.
- Dental Implants are used to replace one or many teeth. They are permanent teeth that are implanted into your bone structure. A great alternative to dentures!
- Composites or Bonding is a tooth colored filling material that will fix chips, cracks and spaces so that you can have a great smile.
- Dental crowns cover and strengthen broken or decayed teeth. Porcelain crowns look natural and give you a healthy smile.
- Bridges are a series of crowns linked together to strengthen teeth that are weak. They are also used to replace missing teeth. Bridges are used to give you a great smile with no spaces and allow you to function properly.
Cosmetic dentistry is the “here and now” of new procedures that make a beautiful smile accessible to everyone. Your reward is a new level of self-esteem that will make people sit up and take notice. San Mateo Cosmetic Dentist Dr. Michael Wong invites you to contact The San Mateo Center for Cosmetic Dentistry for all your cosmetic dentistry questions or fill out the form at the right for a free cosmetic dental consultation with our dentist in San Mateo, California.